MAKES 6 TIME 35 MINUTES
Featuring Vanilla Ice
Today we will be talking about the wonderful fruit that is the banana - its many purposes and benefits, as well as some delicious banana recipes.
Bananas are a popular food all over the world. They are commonly eaten raw or cooked into sweet dishes, such as banana bread. They can also be used to make jam or dried for later use.
Bananas are a rich source of dietary potassium, vitamin C, dietary fiber and vitamin B6. They also contain some minerals such as magnesium and copper.
A single slice of banana bread contains around 160 calories. This may not seem like a lot, but if you're eating multiple slices throughout the day, those calories can add up quickly. Furthermore, banana bread is often high in sugar and carbs, so it's important to watch your portion sizes if you're trying to lose weight or manage your diabetes.
My Wild Mushroom Hotpot from my cookbook Purely Delicious is the perfect wholesome and nourishing comfort food to revitalise the body and promote good health. Serve in generous bowls and instantly feel the healing benefits.
- 1/4 cup Happy Way Vanilla protein
- 1 cup + 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup mashed banana (2-3 bananas)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Mix melted coconut oil and maple syrup together with a whisk until combined.
- Add in eggs, mashed banana and milk and whisk until combined.
- Add in vanilla, salt, cinnamon and baking soda and whisk until combined.
- Add in flour and protein powder and use a wooden spoon to gently combine.
- Optional: Add in anything extra - e.g. nuts, seeds, cinnamon on top etc.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and pour in mixture.
- Place in oven for approximately 55 minutes (until a knife comes out clean)
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes on a wire rack.
Recipe by @changebysia