BROWN BUTTER CHOC CHIP COOKIES
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 scoop (30 g) Happy Way Like A Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 3/4 cup plain flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt and more for sprinkling
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- In a saucepan, brown the butter over medium heat, stirring constantly until the butter turns brown and smells nutty. Take the butter off the heat and allow it to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a cookie tray with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooled brown butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Beat until mixed together. Add in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt and baking soda. Add half of the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until everything comes together. Slowly add in the remaining flour mixture and fold in the chocolate.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for at least half an hour or overnight if possible.
- With an ice cream scoop, scoop out the cookie dough and mould into your desired cookie shape, placing on the baking tray a few centimetres apart.
- Bake for 11 minutes, or until the edges are just golden brown and the centres have puffed up but are still gooey.
- Allow the cookies to cool before eating and enjoy!