Chocolate protein balls are the perfect snack to keep in your fridge when you need a quick energy boost. Try out these delicious energy bites to power your day after a workout or as an afternoon pick me up.
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder (Vanilla or another possible flavour would work and still taste nice)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (or cocoa, your choice)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons sticky sweeter (maple syrup, golden syrup or rice malt syrup)
- 3 tablespoons nut butter of choice
- 5 tablespoons milk of choice (I used almond)
- Combine all ingredients together in a food processor for at least 5 minutes until combined completely and forms a 'dough' (if it isn't combining, it may need an extra tablespoon of milk. If it is too liquidy, add a small extra amount of coconut flour)
- Place the mixture in the fridge for 10 minutes (this is to make the mixture less sticky for rolling)
- Roll chilled mixture into bite-sized balls (if you find the mixture too sticky, put some coconut flour on your hands before rolling)
- Drizzle some melted chocolate over the top if you want, and place them the fridge!
For the tastiest chocolate protein balls, check out our chocolate protein here