GINGER NUT CHRISTMAS COOKIES
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 scoop Happy Way Caramel Biscuit Vegan Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line a tray with baking paper.
- In a saucepan, melt the coconut oil and maple syrup together. Set aside and allow it to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in all the dry ingredients and mix well. Pour in the cooled coconut oil and the maple syrup, followed by the egg and mix well until a cookie dough forms.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out the mixture and roll it into a ball. With your hands, flatten and mould the balls into cookie shapes and place onto your lined tray. Place in the oven and bake for approx.15 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool on a wire rack—enjoy!