Curb those winter blues with this quick and easy healthy hot chocolate recipe – with a twist. Delicious and nutritious - is it possible? It is with this yummy protein-rich healthy hot chocolate recipe, made with our TOP OF THE CHOC – whey chocolate protein powder from Happy Way. It’s the best of both worlds, in a cup. Enjoy this toasty warm treat whilst curled up on the couch with a good book, or in the morning as an alternative to coffee.
- 1 scoop TOP OF THE CHOC – whey chocolate protein powder
- 120ml milk (of your choice – almond or hazelnut are good dairy-free alternatives)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 cup hot water
- a sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
- small marshmallows (optional)
- To make one serving, heat milk and add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend on a high setting until combined well, and the mixture is smooth, frothy and creamy.
- Pour healthy hot chocolate mixture into a large mug, sprinkle on some cinnamon and/or marshmallows on top (optional).
- Enjoy immediately!