SUPER REDS RASPBERRY POP TARTS
- 350g fresh raspberries
- 10g (one scoop) Happy Way Super Reds Powder
- Pre made shortcut pastry dough
- Egg wash
- 25g whipped butter
- 50g icing sugar or sugar alternative
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Pink frosting color
- *sprinkles of choice
- Preheat oven to 175C or 350F
- Cut pastry dough into 12 even rectangles.
- Place 6 rectangles on non stick baking sheet and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl mix together raspberries and super reds powder until raspberries reach a jam like consistency.
- Spoon jam mixture into center of pastry, ensuring an even amount of raspberry mixture on each pastry.
- Top with pastry and use a fork to crimp the edges together.
- Poke holes on top of pastries.
- Brush pastries with egg wash.
- Bake pop tarts for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- As pop tarts are baking, mix together frosting.
- In a small bowl whip together butter and icing sugar. Add milk, vanilla, and pink colour until frosting reaches desired consistency.
- Allow pop tarts to cool slightly before topping with frosting. Decorate with sprinkles of choice.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Recipe by @ever_so_fit