Navigating the Festive Season with Cassie from @bodylovenutrition
Happy Way Ambassador and Dietitian Cassie from @bodylovenutrition is back with your guide to holiday happiness!
The smell of pine trees is in the air, and you best believe, it’s only 4 weeks and Christmas is here bestie!
The holiday season can feel magical and like a whirlwind, all at the same time. It’s that crazy, rat-race time of year again, when it’s easy to be outside of your usual routine. A lot of people find this time of year quite challenging and feel pressure around their body and self-image. It’s normal to feel these emotions when we have a change to our comfortable routine. Don’t worry, I’m here to help support you girl! I’ve got your back and have some helpful tips around eating through this holiday season.
Tip #1: Take the guilt off the plate
Feelings of guilt or shame don’t belong on your plate this holiday season. It’s normal to eat outside of your routine, have more types of one food and less of another, bigger portion sizes or more meals outside of the house. Yes, it’s not your usual routine, and you can feel like these things are stressful or outside of your control. One thing that you can control is your mindset – remember that these meals are unusual for a reason – they are unique and only occur for special occasions where we gather with our loved ones, celebrate, honour our traditions and culture, and lastly, we make beautiful memories. So, take the guilt off your plate, my friend, it doesn’t belong there.
TIP #2: A positive mindset
What other things can you do to help switch gears to a positive mindset? Keep up with those activities that make you feel grounded and enjoy some joyful movement. Doing one activity that we enjoy each day can help to support our mental health and well-being. We also know that joyful movement releases those mood-enhancing endorphins. The key here is focusing on movement that you ACTUALLY ENJOY. If those 45-minute high-intensity HIIT classes feel like a drag, switch it up for something else you might like – this could be yoga, pilates, walking or running, tennis or netball.
TIP #3: Stay hydrated & get plenty of rest
Another helpful tip is staying hydrated through the silly season. It can be easy to have more alcoholic drinks and forget about our precious H2O. Stay hydrated by keeping your water bottle nearby and get the ultimate hydration boost with the NEW Watermelon Electrolytes from Happy Way. One last thing – prioritise those Z’s. The holiday season can mean late nights and early starts and sometimes can feel emotionally draining. Give your body plenty of rest time, and treat sleep as your bestie.
Now, onto some delicious food! The holiday season is the time to entertain and impress. What better way than for your guests to leave with happy bellies? Find my festive recipe ideas below that are perfect for sharing with your family and friends.
Festive recipe ideas
- Lemon and garlic butter salmon with fresh herbs
- Peach and tomato burrata wreath
- Strawberry, cucumber and almond salad
- BBQ prawns with chimichurri
- Baked pumpkin with pistachio, pomegranate and parsley
- Cherry tomato, bocconcini and basil pasta salad
- Apricot mustard glazed ham
- Lemon and feta potatoes
- Caramel Biscoff rum balls
If you’re after some penny-saving Kris Kringle ideas, check out this list of 20 gift ideas for $50 and under!
- Country Road Ives Large Salad Bowl $39.95
- Cookbook ‘Too Good To Waste’ Recipes to Save Money and Save the Planet $19.00
- Frank Body ‘Body Summer Heroes’ $30.00
- Seed Crystal Phone Strap $39.95
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream Bauble $45.00
- Happy Way Watermelon Electrolytes $50.95
- Country Road Lorne Coupe set of 2 glasses $35.90
- Happy Way Stainless Steel Drink Bottle White $49.95
- Kikki K Gift Pack Summer Notes $25.99
- Seed Logo Makeup Bag $29.95
- Happy Way I Love You Berry Much Protein Powder $49.95
- Mecca Max Serving Face Everyday Eye & Cheek Palette $36.00
- Kikki K Self-Care Journal $39.99
- Tocca EDP Ornament Duo $36.00
- Seed Travel Jewellery Case $49.95
- Book “Plant House” by Harper by Design $19.00
- Happy Way Stainless Steel Tumbler with Straw Pink $32.95
- Kikki K Skyline Notebook Gift Pack $41.99
- Seed Pearl Alphabet Necklace $29.95
- Cookbook Ottolenghi Simple $29.00
Wishing you all a wonderful holiday season!