BANANA BREAD BARS
We're a sucker for an @intothesauce recipe—just add protein 😉
FOR THE BARS:
- 170 g brown sugar
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 1 scoop (30 g) Happy Way Banana Bonanza Whey Protein Powder
- 30 g Happy Way Organic Cacao Powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 130 g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 300 g ripe banana, mashed
FOR THE ICING:
- 50 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 250 g cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 300 g icing sugar
- Whisk together the sugar, flour, cacao, salt and protein in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, banana, essence and butter.
- Pour the mixture into a lined baking tray and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- For the buttercream, beat the butter, cream cheese and essence until smooth and light.
- Add the icing sugar slowly and beat until it's soft and smooth.
- Allow the bars to cool before spreading the buttercream on top.
- Cut into squares to serve and ENJOY!