BLUEBERRY & LEMON ZEST MUFFINS
FOR THE MUFFINS:
- 190 g buckwheat flour
- 160 g coconut sugar
- 1 scoop (30 g) Happy Way Like A Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder
- Sprinkle salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg (or extra milk/flax egg for a vegan version)
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 80 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
FOR THE CRUMB TOPPING:
- 50 g buckwheat flour
- 50 g coconut sugar
- 25 g vegan butter
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare a muffin tray (or 2) with patty pans (makes 10).
- In a small bowl, combine the crumb topping ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the muffin dry ingredients (flour, protein, sugar, salt, baking powder).
- Add in the wet ingredients (egg, milk, oil, extract and lemon zest) to the dry mixture and combine.
- Fold in the blueberries gently with a spatula.
- Spoon the muffin mixture into your pre-prepared muffin tray and sprinkle the crumb on top of each muffin.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until the crumb is golden.