CARROT AND PEAR CAKE
FOR THE CAKE:
- 2 carrots, grated
- 70 g soft dried pears, diced
- 1 cup plain flour
- 70 g almond flour
- 60 g monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice (or cinnamon)
- 130 ml coconut oil
- 3 eggs beaten
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 3 tbsp salted caramel yoghurt
- 15 g Happy Way Caramel Popcorn Whey Protein Powder
- Prepare a baking dish with baking paper and preheat the oven to 150°C fan forced.
- In a small bowl, mix all the dry ingredients with the pear and carrot until fully combined.
- Mix the eggs and coconut oil in a separate bowl.
- Combine all ingredients gently together then pour into the tray.
- Bake for around 25 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Prepare the icing by mixing the yoghurt and protein together until smooth.
- Allow to cool then cut into pieces, top with icing and enjoy!
Recipe by @diannayota