GLUTEN FREE & VEGAN PROTEIN LAMINGTONS
FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour of choice
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 scoop (30 g) Happy Way Like A Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup almond milk
FOR THE COATING:
- 100 g dark chocolate, melted
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
FOR THE FILLING:
- 2-3 tbsp raspberry jam
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C and line a square baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Next, add in the wet ingredients and mix well until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tray and bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in the microwave in a bowl and add the desiccated coconut into another.
- Cut the cooled cake horizontally through the middle and layer the base with jam. Place the top back onto the cake and slice up into cubes.
- Dip each lamington square in the chocolate mix and then coat each side in coconut. Enjoy!