OATMEAL BERRY CRUMB BARS
FOR THE STRAWBERRY LAYER:
- 2 cups strawberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp flour
FOR THE OATMEAL LAYER:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Happy Way I Love You Berry Much Whey Protein Powder
- 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup and 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Line an 8x8" baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss together all the ingredients for the strawberry layer.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, protein powder, rolled oats and salt together. Add the olive oil and maple syrup and fold the ingredients together until they're well combined.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of the oatmeal mixture and add the remaining oatmeal mixture into the prepared pan. Press down with your hands to create the bottom layer.
- Add the strawberry mixture, then use a spatula to ensure it's evenly spread.
- Top with the reserved oatmeal mixture.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until it's set and lightly golden brown.
- Allow the bars to cool for 30 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
Recipe by @brightmomentco