SORTING HAT CUPCAKES
All witches and wizards come forward, let the Sorting Hat Cupcake decide your fate! Perfect for spooky season or die-hard Potter-heads.
FOR THE CUPCAKE BASE:
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 120 g butter
- 1/2 cup Happy Way Organic Cacao Powder
- 1 scoop (30 g) Happy Way Chocolate Hazelnut Whey Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
FOR THE ICING CENTRE:
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 scoop (10 g) Happy Way Super Reds Powder
- 1 scoop (10 g) Happy Way Super Greens Powder
- Yellow and blue food dye
- Splash vanilla essence
FOR THE TOPPING:
- Butter cream frosting
FOR THE SORTING HAT TOPPER:
- Dark chocolate melts
- Coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare a muffin tray with patty pans.
- Mix all the cupcake ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Place the muffin tray into the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins come out clean on a toothpick.
- Allow to cool and in a separate bowl, add the icing sugar, almond milk, vanilla essence and mix until well combined.
- Evenly separate the icing into four bowls.
- Add Happy Way Super Reds Powder to one bowl to create the ultimate Gryffindor house. In another bowl, add Happy Way Super Greens Powder to create Slytherin House. Add yellow food dye to another bowl to create Hufflepuff house. Finally, add blue food dye to a bowl to create Ravenclaw house.
- Using a large straw, create a hole in the middle of each cupcake.
- Fill the cupcake holes with the different Hogwarts House Colours.
- Pipe each cupcake with butter cream frosting and decorate with sprinkles.
- Finish the cupcake with your sorting hat topper (see below for method for these) and enjoy!
SORTING HAT TOPPER
- Place the Oreos on a wire rack with a tray underneath and top with strawberries.
- Melt the dark chocolate with a splash of coconut oil (to help prevent burning) in a small bowl in the microwave.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the strawberries and Oreos until completely covered.
- Let the excess chocolate drain off onto the tray and set aside to cool.
- Add to your completed cupcakes as above!
Recipe inspired by @inbloombakery