Seeking a tasty snack that takes 10 minutes to make, is ultra simple and is perfect as a healthy dessert alternative, or as a post-gym guilt-free snack on the go? You’ve come to the right place, with our raw salted caramel protein powder balls, made with the delicious TOP OF THE CHOC – whey chocolate protein powder by Happy Way. You can thank us later!
- 1 cup TOP OF THE CHOC – whey chocolate protein powder
- 1 cup peanut butter (or other nut/seed butter of your choice)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- pinch of salt
- To make approximately 18 protein power balls, begin by mixing peanut butter and maple syrup in a large bowl or food processor until combined.
- Add oats, chia seeds, ¾ of the desiccated coconut and the protein powder to the bowl. If not using a food processor, use a large wooden spoon to combine all of the ingredients well, until a sticky and dough-like consistency is formed.
- Add a touch more protein powder if the mixture is too wet, or a bit of water if it’s too dry and not sticking together.
- Roll the dough into balls, ideally the size of ping-pong balls.
- Pour remaining desiccated coconut into a bowl and roll and coat the protein powder balls.
- Place the balls in the fridge and allow to firm up.
- Enjoy once set. Alternatively, keep refrigerated (or frozen) in an air-tight container (can be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months).