CHOC ORANGE PROTEIN TRUFFLES
These truffles are gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan-friendly and refined sugar free! The perfect snack to have in the fridge during the week. Recipe by @balancebyelise
- 1 cup pitted dates, soaked in boiled water for 30 mins and then discard water
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- Zest and juice of 2 oranges
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond meal
- 45 g (1 1/2 scoops) Happy Way Choc Pea Princess Vegan Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup Happy Way Organic Cacao Powder
- Add the soaked dates, almond butter, orange zest and juice, and vanilla extract to a blender and blend until smooth. You may need to scrape down the edges a few times.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and add the remaining dry ingredients. Fold through until combined and a thick dough forms (if it's too dry add a dash of mylk).
- Roll into 10-12 balls.
- Optional: drizzle over melted dark chocolate for extra yumminess!
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before eating. Enjoy!
NOTE: Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Recipe by @balancebyelise