These little squares of luscious lamingtons are perfect for weekend baking 👩🏼🍳 enjoy one with a cup of tea or coffee. I like mine soft and plain in the centre, but you could also add jam and cream in the middle.
Makes 12-15 slices
- 1 and 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 125g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1/3 cup Happy Way Choc Coconut protein powder
- 2 heaped tablespoons Dutch process cocoa
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees fan forced.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour and baking powder together.
- Line a 20cm x 30cm tin with baking paper.
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, whilst beating until the mixture is smooth.
- Add half the flour and fold in, then stir in half the milk. Repeat with the remaining flour and milk.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin and bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the the choc icing ingredients in a heatproof bowl and mix until glossy and smooth.
- Remove the sponge from the oven and rest for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Once cool, cut the sponge into rectangle pieces.
- Pour the desiccated coconut onto a large plate.
- Using two forks, place one slice of sponge into the choc icing to coat, then quickly roll into the coconut and set aside to set.
- Repeat with remaining slices of sponge, set aside for at least 1 hour to set before serving.
Recipe by @bodylovenutrition_