MOCHA PROTEIN BALLS
These Mocha Protein Balls are the perfect on the go snack for when you need a boost of energy and they are deliciously addictive too! This recipe uses the best coffee flavoured protein powder by Happy Way and can be made plant based with our vegan coffee protein powder.
- 6 Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup strong brewed espresso
- 1 scoop (30 g) Happy Way Deja Brew Coffee Whey Protein Powder
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup Happy Way Organic Cacao Powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut
- Pinch sea salt
- In a bowl, soak the dates in the brewed coffee for 15 minutes. Drain the dates but don’t discard the brewed coffee.
- In a food processor, add the dates and pulse for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the brewed coffee until the dates become a thick caramel-like paste.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the food processor—almonds, coffee protein powder, cacao powder, chia seeds and sea salt. Pulse a few times until a dough-like mixture forms. If you want it crunchy, don’t blend for too long.
- Form the mixture into 1-inch bites, rolling by hand.
- On a board, add the coconut and roll the balls in the coconut so they're coated.
- Place on a tray and refrigerate until set and enjoy!
- You can keep the balls refrigerated in an airtight container for 1 week or in an airtight resealable freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.