CARAMEL PEANUT BUTTER BARS
These bars are so easy to make and the peanut butter swirl on top looks so effective! They're made up of a caramel base with a chocolate topping, with an added peanut butter swirl 😍
FOR THE BASE:
- 1 1/2 cups almonds
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/4 cup Happy Way Caramel Biscuit Vegan Protein Powder
- 2 tbsp chia seeds, soaked in 4 tbsp of water to thicken
- 10 dates, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened maple syrup
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup Happy Way Organic Cacao Powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened maple syrup
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- Line a baking tray with baking paper (we used a 20 cm x 20 cm tray).
- To make the base, place the almonds in a food processor and blend until crumb-like.
- Add in the oats, coconut, protein powder, chia seeds and vanilla and process until combined.
- Add in the dates and maple syrup, and process until the mixture sticks together and is dough-like. If the mixture seems too dry, add 1 tablespoon water at a time to get it to the right consistency.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared tray and press down with a spoon. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- To make the choc topping, whisk the coconut oil, cacao and maple syrup in a small bowl until smooth.
- Melt the peanut butter in the microwave for approx. 20-30 seconds until smooth.
- Spread the choc topping over the slice evenly and drizzle the melted peanut butter on top, creating swirls with a skewer.
- Freeze for 1 hour or until set then slice into squares and enjoy!
Recipe by @nourished_by_leesh