Skip to content
FOR THE BUNS:
- 175 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 7 g dry yeast
- 30 g Nuttelex, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 scoops (45 g) Happy Way Like A Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder
- 300 g bread flour
- 3 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp all spice
- 100 g sultanas
FOR THE CROSS:
- 20 g plain flour
- 20 ml water
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Heat the almond milk in a saucepan until it’s lukewarm. Remove from the heat and add to a medium bowl.
- Add the raw sugar and the dry yeast and stir thoroughly. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes or until small bubbles start to form on the surface.
- In another bowl, whisk the melted Nuttelex and the egg. Then stir in the protein powder, bread flour, sugar-free maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice.
- Fold through the sultanas.
- Cover the bowl with a tea towel and allow the dough to rise and double in size. Allow around an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C fan forced.
- Divide the dough into 10 balls and place on a lined baking tray. Set aside and allow it to expand further, leaving it for around 30 minutes
- To make the crosses, combine the 20 g of flour and the 20 ml of water and mix well. Pour the mixture into a piping bag and pipe a cross on the top of the buns.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until golden, and enjoy.
More recipes like this…
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.