HOLIDAY ENERGY BARS
- 200g protein quick oats
- 75g Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- 125g dark roast crunchy peanut butter
- 165ml milk of choice
- 3 Tbsp sugar free maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 Tbsp sea salt flakes
- 75g Sugar free dark chocolate
- 30g Holiday coloured red and green M&M’s
- Line a small baking tray (I used a 4x12in pan) with baking paper and set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and
- Pour a thin layer of the melted chocolate into the bottom of the baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Using a small spatula spread the chocolate out evenly.
- Place tray into refrigerator until chocolate sits up.
- In a large mixing bowl add the peanut butter, oats, @happywayau protein powder, mix until combined.
- Add milk, vanilla and maple syrup until reached desired texture.
- Fold in half of the chocolate chips and M&M’s.
- Add the peanut butter mixture on top of the chocolate layer and spread out until you achieved a even layer on the top.
- Add the remainder of the chocolate chips and M&M’s across the top and press down one last time.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of sea salt flakes on top.
- Allow to set in refrigerator. Good for up to one week in the refrigerator.
Macros per 1 (60g) bar:
165 total calories
9g Protein, 16g Carbohydrates, 8g Fat
Recipe by ever_so_fit