VEGAN TOFU NUGGETS
1 c u p s o y m i l k
- 1 scoop (30 g) Happy Way Flavourless Vegan Protein Powder
2 t b s p c o r n s t a r c h
1 t b s p g a r l i c p o w d e r
1 t b s p o n i o n p o w d e r
1/4 tsp s a l t
1/4 tsp p e p p e r
1/4 tsp c a y e n n e p e p p e r
1/2 c u p p a n k o b r e a d c r u m b s
1/2 c u p c o r n fl a k e s
- 1 packet of firm tofu
- Press the tofu with a clean tea towel and plate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- When the tofu is pressed, cut it into strips or cubes.
- Add milk, all-purpose flour, protein, cornstarch, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne powder in a large mixing bowl and whisk it into a batter.
- Add breadcrumbs, crushed cornflakes, salt and pepper, and mix in a second bowl.
- Add the tofu pieces in batches and toss the tofu in the batter to coat each piece.
- Transfer the tofu pieces in batches to the breadcrumb bowl and gently toss them so that they are coated on all sides.
- Place the nuggets in an even layer in your air fryer so that there is space between each nugget.
- Spray them with cooking spray as usual and then air fry at 180˚C for 15-18 minutes.
- Flip the nuggets onto the other side and air fry for another 15 minutes or until golden brown, and enjoy!
Recipe created by @brits_bites