HAPPY WAY EASTER HOT CROSS BUN BLISS BALLS
There are hot cross buns then there are Happy Way Hot Cross Bun Protein Balls!
When it comes to Easter, nothing screams tradition more than hot cross buns. Now, we would hate for you to miss out on the store bought buns of goodness, but if the idea of eating sugar filled treats all long weekend long makes you feel on edge (guilty), then we’re here to offer a more family friendly alternative.
Packed full of dates, currants and mixed spice, these protein balls will induce all the Easter flavour and feels your heart desires. Developed by nutritionist Malissa Fedele, this recipe will go a step further by ensuring the entire family enjoys sustained energy, and are left feeling full and satisfied.
With the addition of ingredients such as almonds, Maca and protein powder, these wickedly delicious bliss balls will also make the perfect post-exercise treat throughout the week. Just the kind of incentive you need to complete that home workout you've been putting off.
So, it’s time to inject some Easter flavour into your day and start new traditions in the kitchen with these finger-licking, lip-smacking Easter bliss balls.
MAKES 6 TIME 35 MINUTES
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- I tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Happy Way Organic Maca Powder
- 1/2 scoop (15 g) Happy Way Top Of The Choc Whey Protein Powder
- Combine all of your ingredients in a high-powered food processor and blend until mixture is combined.
- Scoop one tablespoon worth of mixture out at a time and roll into balls.
- Place the bliss balls onto a lined tray and allow them to sit in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy with the whole family.