Spoil your special someone this Valentine’s Day with some chocolate and raspberry protein brownies! Sweet, healthy and romantic!
- 1/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Whey Chocolate Protein Powder (Top of the Choc (Choc Whey) Protein Powder)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened Vanilla or Chocolate Almond Milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, plus 2 tablespoons for topping
- 1/2 cup raspberries, broken up into large pieces
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Spray 8x8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place oats in blender and blend for 1 minute. Pour oat flour to medium bowl then whisk in protein powder and cocoa powder; set aside.
- Whisk together applesauce, egg, honey, vanilla and almond milk until smooth and well mixed. Add to dry ingredients and mix together until well combined.
- Heat coconut oil and 1/4 cup of chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat; stir until chocolate chips and coconut oil have melted together. Gently stir into brownie batter.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips and raspberries on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Transfer pan to wire rack to cool completely. Once cool, cut into 12 bars, cover and place in refrigerator to enjoy cold.
To make vegan: Use a vegan protein powder instead. Try our like a vegan vanilla flavour or choc pea vegan princess protein. Also, make sure to use vegan chocolate chips, a flax egg and agave instead of honey.