Skip to content
FOR THE CAKE:
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 100 g brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp instant coffee (dissolved in 1 tbsp boiling water)
- 130 g self-raising flour
- 1 scoop (30 g) Happy Way Deja Brew Coffee Protein Powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
FOR THE ICING:
- 150 g cream cheese
- 80 g butter
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp ground coffee
Pre-heat the oven to 170°C and line a loaf or cake tin with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until pale. Gradually add the eggs until creamy.
- Mix through the dry ingredients until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a rack.
- To make the frosting, simple beat the cream cheese, butter and icing sugar together in a bowl until smooth.
- Lather the icing onto a cooled cake and dust with extra ground coffee. Enjoy!
More recipes like this…
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.