FOR THE WAFFLES:
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 scoops (60 g) Happy Way Like A Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil and extra for greasing
- 5-6 tbsp milk of choice (we used almond milk)
- 1 cup (90 g) gluten-free oats
FOR THE TOPPING:
You can add whatever toppings your tummy desires, but here are some of Nicole's faves (@prettywildwellness).
- Sliced banana with Pip & Nut Peanut Butter and mixed seeds.
- Nature’s Charm Coconut Salted Caramel with seasonal berries and flaked almonds.
- Pip & Nut Almond Butter with raspberries and coconut yoghurt.
- Pip & Nut Crunchy Peanut Butter, with fig jam and yoghurt.
- Meridian Cocoa & Hazelnut Butter, cocoa nibs and hazelnuts.
- Whipped coconut cream, peaches, chia seeds and walnuts.
- Preheat your waffle maker to a medium-high heat.
- Add the oats, protein powder, baking powder, banana, coconut oil and half of the milk to a blender. Pulse until a thick batter starts to form.
- Pour into a bowl and fold in the egg, adding a little more milk if your batter is too thick.
- Once your waffle maker is heated, grease with a little coconut oil on both sides.
- Pour half of your batter mix into the waffle iron, making sure you push the mixture into the edges, then press. After 2 minutes, check your waffles. If they're not quite toasted to your liking, press for a further 20-30 seconds.
- Use some non stick tongs to remove your waffle from the iron onto a plate, and add your desired toppings—enjoy!
- Grease the waffle press with some more coconut oil and the repeat with the remaining batter.
Recipe by @prettywildwellness