VEGAN MAPLE ESPRESSO PROTEIN MUFFINS
FOR THE MUFFIN:
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 coconut yoghurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 30 ml fresh espresso, cooled
- 1 1/4 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup Happy Way Like A Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 1/3 cup plant-based milk
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin papers.
- Prepare the topping. Combine the flour, almond meal, sugar and spices in a medium-sized bowl. Pour over the coconut oil, then stir together with a fork until you have a rough, crumbly mixture. Set aside.
- Mix the flax meal and milk in a small bowl. Stir well, then set aside to thicken.
- Add the banana, sugar, yoghurt, olive oil, maple syrup, and fresh espresso in a large mixing bowl. Fold the ingredients together until combined.
- Sift the flour, protein, baking powder, bicarb, cinnamon and salt into the large mixing bowl. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until you have a uniform batter.
- Add the soaked flax, stirring until evenly combined.
- Portion the batter into the muffin papers so that each muffin paper is 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of almond crumble topping over each muffin.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until golden or cooked, and enjoy!
Recipe created by @littledelish